Thinking in pictures

 I read this book when my kids were little, Right Brain children in a Left Brain world:unlocking the potential of your ADD child 
 The first line in the book is about a child sitting in his chair at school looking outside the window and hearing the chain on the flagpole clank.  Bingo  thats my first memory of school.  What the &*#$@!
Im ADD.   And nobody told me.  I prefer right brained :)   No wonder I think punctuation and spelling correctly are optional.  (thats what spell check is for) I prefer magazines with amazing images with color , light, shadow.   This is my gift and my curse.  Apparently some pretty genius people share this curse : Thomas Edison, Bill Gates,  Da Vinci,  Michael Jordan,  Nolan Ryan, Henry Ford  ect...

I think in pictures.  So your talking and I am making a picture of what your saying.  Wait slow down your talking to fast Im not done making my picture.  Can you shift to the side  the composition is off and the lighting is better over here ...  ok what were you saying.  Can you see how this can get very tedious to listen , much less stay focused.

Ok so I read(skim , part of my add) the book and find out its really for me and a little to help my kids, because they are 50% Wayne.  Thank heavens they had a chance.  They all have a little of my picture disease but each in there own way.

So after I have this epiphany in the late 90s , Ok I know what my strengths and weakness are I can cope better right.  Well lately I havent been thinking in pictures  GASp   I know .  (ADD also brings out my sarcasm and sense of irony I read in the book)  I have been thinking in Country music songs.

Like:
George Straight 1982
a little gravel in my travel.
It takes more than marble and tile , living on love
fire and gasoline
timing is everything
country girl shake it for me( what does this mean, I love this song and its wrong)
come on home boy
She was raised by the side of the road

So is there a book I can read to help cope with this disease, or just turn off the radio.  Help



5 comments:

cs said...

The problem isn't that you have ADD (who doesn't, eh?). No the problem is that you listen to country music.

But I love you anyway.

Candy

Chea said...

I am Cathy's Daughter, a rodeo queen. The irony here is your the daughter of the only real cowboy I have ever know.

Jaime said...

Hey! Random question...a while back I saw a picture of either your family or your sisters family (I think anyway) or you were the photographer or your sister was...can't quite remember. Anyhow it was a picture of a family in a little row boat in a pond with greenery around it. I was trying to show it to a friend and now I can't find it! argh... Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks! hulseyfam (at) gmail (dot) com LOVE your pics.

Jaime said...

Nevermind! If you can believe it I just found it! Thanks again!!

Wendy said...

Chea, you are so cute! Funny...at FHE lastnight, our lesson was on our strenths and weakeness and how to conquer them. We all have them, it's part of "the plan". Anyway, you know when someone is singing a song and then it "sticks" in your head for days? Here's one from me to you, "Mmmmm Bop" :) Love you!